[jp_sc@yahoo.com: Re: [Kde-accessibility] KDE/Qt at the 2nd Linux Accessibility Conference]

Navindra Umanee navindra@cs.mcgill.ca
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:02:41 -0500

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Good stuff, JP.  I'm forwarding this to editors so that maybe some of
your points can be included in a dot story/report.  I'm not sure if
Dre has volunteered for that or not :-), but I'm sure he's busy with
the KDE3 announcement right now, so no promises on how soon we get
this out.

I fear the only way something will really get done in KDE/Qt is if
*Trolltech* does it.  That is, if Trolltech has enough incentive to
include accessibility support in Qt, it will happen, just like i18n
did.  Once it's in Qt then it will more easily percolate to KDE.
That's my theory.

Otherwise KDE needs a coherent plan, and enumerated steps (checklist)
for what needs to be done and issues to consider.

Cheers,
Navin.

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9