[Kde-accessibility] Fwd: KDE 3.1 suggestion: gtkeyboard clone

Bill Haneman bill.haneman@sun.com
28 Jun 2002 11:29:56 +0100

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 19:27, JP Schnapper-Casteras wrote:
> This is true, and without this sort of committment it is going to be very difficult to make KDE
> fully accessible.  That having been said, we are starting to make little advances here and there.
> Fairly soon, the KDE Accessibility Project is going to have KMouseTool documented and ready for
> download, thanks to Jeff Roush.

This tool has gotten good reviews.

It has substantial feature overlap with the "mousekeys" feature of
AccessX however; AccessX allows the user to control the mouse with the
keyboard, including position and button clicks.  It would be very
important to confirm that KMouseTool does not interfere with a
functioning AccessX setup, since AccessX is already available for Linux
and Unix systems.

For more information about AccessX, see:

http://www.rehab.uiuc.edu/accessx/overview.html

The GNOME 2 desktop includes a preferences dialog for AccessX as part of
the system menus, and there are several GUI interfaces to accessx as
well as command-line utilities available.  AccessX features are part of
the XKB X extension which is a standard part of recent Linux and XFree86
distrbutions.

Best regards,

Bill