[Kde-accessibility] Fwd: KDE 3.1 suggestion: gtkeyboard clone

JP Schnapper-Casteras jp_sc@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
   Thank you Peter and Bill for the good explanations, sorry I was away from e-mail when this
thread started.  One particularly noteworthy statement is:

> Integrating KDE/Qt into the mix has been discussed before, and only awaits suitable
> committment of engineering resources, volunteer or otherwise.

This is true, and without this sort of committment it is going to be very difficult to make KDE
fully accessible.  That having been said, we are starting to make little advances here and there.
Fairly soon, the KDE Accessibility Project is going to have KMouseTool documented and ready for
download, thanks to Jeff Roush.

Question:
I agree that we should use GOK as the KDE onscreen keyboard.  Do you [all] think we should simply
link to the GOK page or should we link to it and write up some instructions for using it with KDE?
 Alternatively (and I would argue, much less desirably) should we consider making some
modifications to GOK to make more tailored for KDE?

Best,

--JP

=====
-