[Kde-accessibility] Fwd: KDE 3.1 suggestion: gtkeyboard clone

Navindra Umanee navindra@cs.mcgill.ca
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:06:29 -0400

Peter Korn <peter.korn@sun.com> wrote:
> It is this second set of rich, dynamic functionality that present will NOT
> work on KDE or X apps, as those apps do not implement the accessibility API.
> At such point as that were to change, however...

That was very informative, thank you.  Another question:

Why is it necessary to have an explicit accessibility API at all?
Can't this be made transparent to the developer?  I mean, does someone
programming a GNOME app really want to worry about a whole new API, on
top of all those other libs?  I guess the situation is sort of similar
to i18n and that it isn't actually that painful...

-N.