[Kde-accessibility] Fwd: KDE 3.1 suggestion: gtkeyboard clone

Bill Haneman bill.haneman@sun.com
26 Jun 2002 12:59:24 +0100

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 12:09, amth wrote:
> Hi, this email was first evaluated by Dirk Mueller and he suggested I wou=
ld forward it to this address...
>=20
> Becource I can't pick up this thing myself right now Dirk suggested that =
perhaps someone in the accessibility-team could implement it (to wishlist a=
tleast ;-).
>=20

There is a virtual keyboard project (Gnome Onscreen Keyboard, "GOK")
that is pretty far along in the development cycle, as part of the GNOME
accessibility project.  It will work with any environment that can
support the GNOME 2 libraries.

It presents dynamic keyboards which adapt to both user input and the
currently active application UI.  It also works with applications that
don't explicitly support the GNOME Accessibility APIs, i.e. plain X
applications and KDE apps.  It also supports a variety of input devices
and input methods, ranging from direct pointer selection to various
scanning and predictive algorithms.

For more information, see the GNOME Accessibility Project pages,=20
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap and the GOK pages:

http://www.gok.ca

GOK is available from GNOME cvs
(:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome), as module 'gok'.