[Kde-accessibility] Re: Mouse related accessibility settings (was: [Kde-accessibility] kcontrol)

Bill Haneman bill.haneman@sun.com
18 Dec 2002 14:16:32 +0000

When you guys are thinking about the Accessibilty support for mouse and
keyboard, please be aware that keyboard-related accessibility features
(and MouseKeys) are normally provided on Linux and X via the XKB
extension (sometimes known as AccessX, after the accessibility work that
was subsumed into the XKB extension).

It's important to make sure that your mouse/keyboard stuff does not
conflict with XKB's support.  It would also be nice (and convenient) for
your accessibility dialogs to include the XKB features.  For example the
features include StickyKeys, MouseKeys, BounceKeys (like Windows'
'Filters'), and other features.  Maybe the existing KDE accessibility
stuff does already, I do not know.

-Bill