[Kde-accessibility] New KMouth versions

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:01:10 +0100

Hello,

I have just put versions 0.5.2 and 1.0beta2 onto my web site=20
(http://www.schmi-dt.de/kmouth/download.en.html).

Version 0.5.2 simply contains a security fix while version 1.0beta2 conta=
ins=20
my work towards the release of version 1.0.

The main feature that is added to the 1.0 branch is a phrase book, from w=
hich=20
the user can select regularly spoken sentences. Off course it also contai=
ns=20
an editor for the phrase book and some small standard phrase books.

My plan for the upcoming versions until the release of version 1.0 is as=20
follows:
-add some small additional features (some basic support for Proklam, fine=
=20
polishing the User Interface, updating the handbook)
-After that I will publish the release candidate (probably in the last da=
ys of=20
December, after Christmas)
-If there are no bugs found, I will publish version 1.0 about a week late=
r.

The 1.0 branch will be the last that will compile with KDE 3.0 and withou=
t=20
Proklam. Later versions (1.1.x or 2.x) will depend on Proklam and use=20
features that were added for KDE 3.1 (or maybe even features that were ad=
ded=20
for HEAD).

Gunnar Schmi Dt

P.S.
If someone is interested in contributing but does not in programming task=
s, I=20
would be pleased if we could manage to create some bigger phrase books fo=
r=20
either the release candidate or the final version.