[Kde-accessibility] Re: Qt and accessibility on Unix

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus@linuxrising.org
02 Dec 2002 20:47:16 +0100

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 20:32, Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
<SNIP>

> We have to check this on other systems as well; in general I think a
> lightweight and generic interface between toolkit and infrastructure
> makes more sense than pulling heaps of dependencies into either of them,
> esp. if those dependencies are not unlikely to make trouble on e.g.
> commercial Unix platforms - if commercial Qt doesn't build due to
> what-do-I-know with accessibility support configured we help nobody. We
> have enough trouble with dependencies to other 3rd party libraries
> already (including C libraries).
>
> All this is of course something that need to be evaluated at some point.
Considering that this is Sun who is making this and HP plans to ship it
with their HP-UX boxes I think even commercial Unices are covered pretty
well :)

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus@linuxrising.org>