[Kbabel] Getting *rid* of empty lines

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Thu Feb 8 20:26:58 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 21:14, Kevin Donnelly wrote:
> Following on from the above thread, is there any way to get rid of empty
> lines?
actualy, these are no _new_ lines.

msgstr ""
"blah"

is presented to the user in the same way as

msgstr "blah".

the real new lines are represented by \n or <p> or <br> etc

IMHO the whole scripty should call gettext msg* utils with --no-wrap paramater so all messages would be contained in one "" line no matter what the length is.
then, we could setup editing tools in appropriate way so that there wouldnt be such reformatting as
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n/ru/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po?rev=631461&view=diff&r1=631461&r2=631460&p1=branches/stable/l10n/ru/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po&p2=/branches/stable/l10n/ru/messages/extragear-multimedia/amarok.po
(http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n/ru/messages/extragear-multimedia/?rev=631461&view=rev)

--
Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"
 --George Bernard Shaw