[Kbabel] Why are empty lines deleted automaticlly?

Spel spelya at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 6 18:16:49 CET 2007

I am new to translation, and to KBabel as well.

My first comment is quite simple, but I really mean it:
     IT WORKS GREAT !!!
Its use is quite intuitive, and, with no assistance, anyone can easily
get to the real work of translation.

I have a question about the behavior of KBabel related to empty lines,
for which I did not an answer in the KBabel documentation. I only ran a
spell-check on my file, and it came out with all empty lines removed.
In fact, KBabel does not even show the empty line on screen.

A message such as (view with my text editor, not with KBabel):
     msgid ""
     "There is a problem with option %s:%s.\n"
gets automatically modified by KBabe to :
     msgid "There is a problem with option %s:%s.\n"

Is this a normal behavior, and I should talk with the programmers of the
application I am translating ?

Regards,Serge