[Kbabel] kbabel degenerating

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Fri Nov 3 18:17:59 CET 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 16:28, Stephan Johach wrote:
> Am Freitag, 3. November 2006 14:57 schrieb Erik Kjær Pedersen:
> > The diff function 3.5.4 and 3.5.5 when comparing to another file, that is
> > the diff methos I use, simply says it does not find a corresponding
> > message, so it never displays the differences.
> > I wonder why shaforo made that change.
because it is simpler to see what have been changed if the whole words are colored.

> I see. For me KBabel shows some colored characters like MS Word shows for
> paragraph ends. I switched back to the 3.5.3 tagged sources and it worked
> again. So I am now sure it is the new diff algorithm which  broke kbabel.
> Unfortunately I am lost with this code, so it would be best if the person who
> broke it could have a look and fix it or revert the changes.
>
> Stephan
$ dpkg -l kbabel
||/ Name                             Version                          Description
ii  kbabel                           3.5.5-1                          PO-file editing suite for KDE

like i said before it works fine for me (dont pay attention to paragraph sign).

please send me files that cause problems.
i attached my test case .po files.

-open orig.po in kbabel
-Tools->Diff->Open File for Diff, specify modified.po
-Press F5 (or Tools->Diff->Show Diff)