[Kbabel] a question about the ShortCuts

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Feb 18 22:14:57 CET 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 08:09, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 08:41, Cavendish Qi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using KBabel to translate some docs to Simplified Chinese, but in
> > KBabel, you defined Ctrl+Space as "Copy Msgid to Msgtr", and I am using
> > linux with Chinese input method software(scim). Normally, in input method
> > software, Ctrl+Space is defined as change language, could you help me how
> > to change the shortcut for "Copy Msgid to Msgtr"? And in next version
> > could you change this shortcut in KBabel? Thanks.
>
> Sorry for the delay of the answer.
>
> These shortcut is a shortcut like any other, so it is settable by the
> "Settings"/"Setting hotkeys" menu.
>

> As for changing the default, I do not know what actual users of KBabel thin
> about it.

May be I was not clear enough. I also meant that if we should change the
shortcut for this action, we need to use another shortcut. The problem is
which one. "Copy Msgid to Msgstr" is used much in some parts of kDE, so it
mut remain an easy shortcut.

(And a I am not using KBabel intensively for translating KDE, I do not think
that I am the right person to decide what keys to use, especially that a good
shortcut on one keyboard might be worse on another keyboard.)

> > Regards,
> > Cavendish Qi
>
> Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!