[Kbabel] svn diffs?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Thu Oct 20 21:24:26 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 00:12, Heiko Evermann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just tried the subversion support of KBabel for the first time.
> First of all: thanks for everyone who was involved. That surely was a lot
> of work.
>
> I noticed the following points and I just thought I tell you about them:
> 1)There is a menu entry "svn/show diff". This then opens a dialog in which
> I can press a button "get diff". This comes a bit surprising, as that is
> precicely why I pressed the popup menu entry in the first place. Why the
> button?
> 2) The diff that I get is text only. I do remember faintly to get a nice
> colored diff, but I do not remember whether that was in kbabel or in
> cervisia. Is that still to come?

I think that I have understood how the code is supposed to work.

First the dialog is empty. The main button is named "Get Diff". When you click
on the main button, "svn diff" is run and the diff genereated.

When finished, the main button becomes "Show Diff". If you click it (again),
Kompare is started to see the diff in Kompare.

No, I am not telling that the procedure is intuitive. Probably Kompare should
be started whenever svn has exited with the statis 0 (no error). Probably
work for KDE 3.5.1, so you should still create a bug report.

(...)
> Heiko Evermann

Have a nice day!