[Kbabel] Full Gettext support in KBabel

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Oct 20 15:26:41 CEST 2005

>> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
>> msgid_plural and msgstr_plural are not correctly handled
>> (only loaded as far as I understand the code).
>
> [: Stanislav Visnovsky :]
> They are fully supported. Try one, for example gettext.po ;-)

So, like, there are no known problems at all?

>> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
>> As far as I had understood Stanislas, the problem is that those
>> functions cannot recover from syntax errors in the file. KBabel's
>> editor (not the catalog manager) tries to be error tolerant at load.
>
> [: Stanislav Visnovsky :]
> Yes. And the library does not provide access to the comments.

Might be of recent addition (I'm looking at Gettext CVS code), but there
are some functions dealing with comments.

As for error recovery, perhaps it would be a better strategy to use
libgettextpo by default, and try to salvage the file only if libgettextpo
refuses to load it?

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)