[Kbabel] svn diffs?

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sun Oct 16 16:33:25 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 00:12, Heiko Evermann wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just tried the subversion support of KBabel for the first time.

> First of all: thanks for everyone who was involved. That surely was a lot
> of work.
>
> I noticed the following points and I just thought I tell you about them:
> 1)There is a menu entry "svn/show diff". This then opens a dialog in which
> I can press a button "get diff". This comes a bit surprising, as that is
> precicely why I pressed the popup menu entry in the first place. Why the
> button?

That is how the CVS support in KBabel has worked until now. I have not changed
the user interface. (The SVN support was meant to be added with a minimum of
efforts, which was still much more work than I had expected at first.)

> 2) The diff that I get is text only. I do remember faintly to get a nice
> colored diff, but I do not remember whether that was in kbabel or in
> cervisia. Is that still to come?

Kompare has a nice diff facility.

> 3) (which does not really belong here) I was a bit surprised to find out
> that cervisia does not speak subversian.

Only a working branchof subversion does so. If I remember well the developer
has not so much time and also could not "invent" in advance the messages that
he would need. (And afterwards I give him right, as I too had to use
user-visible messages that I had not thought about.)

For SVN support, there is only the svn: KIO slave (which KBabel does not use).

> What do you think?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Heiko Evermann

Have a nice day!