[Kbabel] my previous post

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Nov 25 13:00:06 CET 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 12:44, Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> Dňa Piatok 25 November 2005 12:31 Nicolas Goutte napísal:

> > > Right, and that's what I'm missing in kbabel compound
> > > more and more -- the ability to deal with TM contents
> > > directly.
> >
> > Yes, I have just had the idea of creating a Python script to dump the
> > databases in an useful format. (However that would probably not work if
> > the database is in an inconsistent state.)
>
> Maybe this way we might be able to detect the inconsistency. The problem
> with the bug is that you can see crash as a symptom of a broken database,
> but it's completely unclear when the corruption really  happens.

I would not hope too much.

If the database is inconsistent for the db library, it will give problems
whatever it is called by Python or by C/C++.

I suppose that only db_dump could help to try to find the inconsistency
(assuming that the mix between the dump format and how the data is organized
by KBabel makes it at least half-way readable.)

Have a nice day!