[Kbabel] my previous post

Yury Tarasievich yury_tarasievich at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 08:50:17 CET 2005

Hi

--- Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky at kde.org> wrote:
> > I'm moving TM away, all works fine. Now, I've come
> > rely rather heavily on my translation database,
> and
> > there are some features in kbabel 3.4 I really
> like.
> >
> > :) Could I at least try something else before
> >
> > back-stepping to sdk 3.3?
>
> This will not help you :( The database is corrupt
> and I have no idea how to
> fix it.

You're killing me... My TM corrupt? And with no way to
correct?? :(

OTOH, it's not so that data is not there or is
inaccessible -- I still receive relevant suggestions
and rough translation works and DB can be dumped, too.
It's only interoperation between kbabel and DB that's
not working, and I somehow don't feel like data can't
be rescued.

Well, what I feel should be done here is exporting of
complete DB to smth. like plaintext/csv, then
restoring to scratch TM DB. After all, it came to this
recently, just after migrating to 3.4, so in worst
case I'm to loose about 2000 entries.

Could somebody recommend:
- good DB exporintg/importing tool with db4, csv, text
capabilities
- some kind of visual db browser/explorer with ability
to browse db4 databases?

Strangely, I can't find nothing relevant on i-net, and
I completely don't feel like writing my own. :)

Thanks all.