[Kbabel] kbabel 3.4.* coredumping
caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Nov 24 14:05:39 CET 2005
> [: Yury Tarasievich :]
> However, won't my re-introduced custom settings
> trigger the bug again, though? And -- will I be able
> to use my translation database?
I had a problem that suddenly KBabel started crashing in a similar manner
that you described, and I traced the problem precisely to translation
database operations. But after I removed the translation database, I
couldn't reproduce the problem again.
Try first going to Settings-> Configure Dictionary-> Translation Database,
tab Database, and uncheck box "Auto add entry to database". If the
crashing stops, go to $KDEHOME/apps/kbabeldict/dbsearchengine/ and move
away existing .db files, check that box again, and see if it the problem
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kbabel/attachments/20051124/df13c8f5/attachment.pgp
More information about the kbabel