[Kbabel] Google Summer of Code: Implement support for OASIS XLIFF 1.1 in KBabel

Asgeir Frimannsson asgeirf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:06:11 CEST 2005

On 6/29/05, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnovsky at kde.org> wrote:
> Dňa Wednesday 29 of June 2005 02:10 Asgeir Frimannsson napísal:
> > I would like, if feasible, to do the development in a QT4 environment,
> > so I'll spend a few days now first trying to port it to QT4. If that
> > works, I'll branch it from there and start working on implementing
> > XLIFF support. If however the porting is too complicated (I'm not
> > *that* familiar with QT yet..) I'll go with QT3..
> >
> > Any thoughts or help (KDE4 porting anyone?) on the above issues would
> > be greatly appreciated!
>
> Basically, QTextEdit API has changed completely again. That will be the
> biggest problem.
>
> IMO we should create a branch for KBabel for Qt4. I would like to help you
> with porting.

Sounds good! So maybe we can do something like:

1) We create a kbabel4 branch under /branches/work/ (or import it into
/branches/work/kde4/kdesdk/kbabel?) - I'll leave this to you...
2) After the initial port, I create a kbabel4-xliff branch under
/branches/work - and do the main part of my project here
3) Depending on the success of the project we can then merge this back
into the kde4 branch.

I did a quick test, and got libkbabelcommon compiling without very
much trouble (mostly QString/QStringList changes).

cheers,
asgeir