[Kbabel] KBabel project support

Erik K. Pedersen erik at binghamton.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:26:18 CET 2004

Torsdag 04 marts 2004 02:31 skrev Stanislav Visnovsky:
> Hi!
>
> The KDE CVS HEAD contains a brand new support for projects - for example
> different branches of the PO tree in kde-i18n. There is no new
> functionality, you could achieve with the --project command line option in
> previous versions of KBabel.
>
> You can create a new project, open the existing one, configure it and also
> close. The important part is that KBabel should be usable even without
> projects. The only difference is that most of the configuration options are
> now moved to Project->Configure.
>
> Settings->Configure KBabel contains only the editor-related, search-related
> and diff-related options. This implies you cannot change those settings per
> project - but I'm open for suggestions to fine tune, which options should
> be part of a project and which not.
>
> THIS IS WORK IN PROGRESS. The most important fact is that there is no
> automatic script for the configuration adaptation. So, before the first
> start of the KBabel from HEAD do the following (otherwise you will loose
> you settings):
>
> cp $KDEHOME/share/config/kbabelrc
> $KDEHOME/share/config/kbabel.defaultproject
>
> Also, configuration synchronization between KBabel and Catalog Manager is
> not implemented yet.
>
> And of course, there will be couple of bugs here and there. Feedback is
> highly appreciated, this will be probably the main new feature for KBabel
> in KDE 3.3!
>
> Stanislav

Does it use new stuff from HEAD. I  am in the branch , and my attempt to
compile ended like this:

/../common/libkbabelcommon.la -lkdeui -lkio
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules/tmx'
make[5]: Entering directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict'
Making all in commonui
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/commonui'
/opt/qt/bin/uic -L /opt/kdea/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -o
projectwizardwidget.h ./projectwizardwidget.ui
uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (3.3 vs. 3.2.2)
make[3]: *** [projectwizardwidget.h] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel/commonui'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk/kbabel'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erik/head/kdesdk'
make: *** [all] Error 2