[Kbabel] Re: kbabel and po-format

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Wed Feb 25 08:35:43 CET 2004

Dňa Streda 21 Máj 2003 23:46 Prof. Dr. Eduard Werner / Edward Wornar napísal:
> Hi, thanks for your answer.
>
> > > 2) In translations of msgids like
> > >
> > >   While typing in the text area, you may be presented with possible
> > >   matches. This feature can be controlled by clicking with the right
> > > mouse button and selecting a preferred mode from the <b>Text
> > > Completion</b> menu.
> > >
> > > I'm missing a variable instead of a hardcoded string like "Text
> > > Completion". This way, I have to ensure *by hand* that my menu is
> > > really called "Text Completion" and not something else. Furthermore, if
> > > I decide to change the name of the menu I again have to hunt for
> > > occurrences in other modules.
> >
> > Sorry, what are you talking about here?
>
> Automatic consistence of terminology. I want the "Text Completion" bit  to
> change automagically whenever I decide to change the menu entry and vice
> versa (as Gudmund already pointed out).

Does it work behind the scene, or you need to do it manually (for example by
selecting the text and using a menu item)?

> > > 5) As kbabel sometimes bails out unexpectedly, an autosave feature
> > > would be great, too.
> >
> > It's implemented in the unstable version of KBabel. But that's not a fix.
>
> But comforting ...

:-))

> > If KBabel crashes, please, report it using bugs.kde.org including a
> > backtrace (KDE crash dialog should help you with this job).
>
> Just bailing out, no crash dialog :-(

OK, how can I reproduce the crash? What version of Qt/KDE/KBabel do you use?
Can you send me the file/pointer to the file that triggers the crash?

Stanislav