[Kbabel] a novice Q

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu May 15 10:21:13 CEST 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, suresh vp wrote:

> Do I need to upgrade my Qt,KDE,KBabel ?.
> If u dont mind, Can u giv me the steps u did to make
> it work.
>   I use RH9 on my box.

On vanilla RH9:

Install the malayalam font as described in
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/release-notes/x86/

Now, it should be possible to pick the font in KBabel. Do it.

In Control Center allow to switch keyboard layouts (Regional &
Accessibility -> Keyboard layout) and choose malayalam as a possible
layout.

If you switch to the malayalam keyboard, KBabel will start to accept the
characters.

Stanislav