[Kbabel] kdesdk/kbabel/kbabeldict/modules/dbsearchengine

Stanislav Višňovský visnovsky at nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue May 6 17:28:51 CEST 2003

CVS commit by nanulo:

KBabel now upgrades the translation database files from previous versions to Berkeley
Database IV.  So, if it cannot open the translation database, it tries to upgrade it
(assuming the files are produced using Berkeley Database II) for the current version
od Berkeley Database.

Unfortunately, there can be old translation database files around as well as
the new ones. In this case, the user must choose, which database should be used.
Assumption is that the older one is more important, so if user uses this one, it
will replace the new database files. If the user chooses to continue use the new one,
the old files will not be changed and the question will be raised again. User
must remove the files manually then.

We can't merge those two databases so far :-(. But I don't consider this is an
important issue. If anybody does, please, speak up.

I'd like to backport this patch to KDE_3_1_BRANCH as well (for KDE 3.1.3), but
it needs a bit of testing.

CCMAIL: kbabel at kde.org

  M +58 -4     KDBSearchEngine.cpp   1.76
  M +161 -31   database.cpp   1.42