[Kbabel] Extension of the catalogmanager

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:09:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Carsten Niehaus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am the i18n-coordinator of the OPIE-Project and am using KBabel to translate
> OPIE. OPIE uses .ts-files and not .po/.pot-files, thus I can't use the
> catalogemanager. I would like to extend it so that I am able to get an
> overview over my .ts-files. AFAIK the current catalogmanager is not
> "pluginbased" and not easy to extend.

IMHO, KBabel::Catalog is plugin-based and we already have a plugin for .ts
files. As I've asked some time ago, PoFile::info() should really not
implement it's own framework for reading, but it should use
Catalog::open() instead.

> So my questions are:
> - - Am I right that adding the .ts-file (which Qt uses by default) stuff is not
> easy?

The easiest way is probably to move PoFile to read the content of the file
using Catalog::open(). Then you would be basically done.

> - - Would you in theory be fine with me adding that stuff (perhaps in a branch
> until it works)

Yes, sure.

> - - Would anybody help me?

If I can ;-)