[Kbabel] new searchengine

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 15:40:21 CEST 2003

Dňa Utorok 03 Jún 2003 11:36 Andrea Rizzi napísal:
> > > I do not plan to write an import for old database, is it a problem?
> >
> > Maybe yes - a lot of users have a database several MB big. The diff
> > feature works very nicely then.
>
> I know, ok I'll try to implement something but it may be a problem.  It is
> not easy and this need to write a reader for the old database.

I was planning to implement something like that, but I've never finished that.

> BTW is is possible to download an old CVS, launch the "scan recur", update
> the CVS and launch the scan again.

Yes, that's what I always suggest in case the current database gets corrupted.
But it is inconvenient and can take ages to finish.

> > Question: do you plan a possibility to have multiple instances of the
> > search engine? For example to use one for glossary, another one for all
> > translations etc?
>
> I do not understand here.
> There is another way to interface to kbabel different from
> kbabeldict/SearchEngine ?

I was talking about the problem that you can have only a single database now.
Typically, you would like to have a number of them with different settings and
priorities for searching. That could be implemented by possibility to create
number of databases.

Stanislav