[Kbabel] plural form

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 14:48:13 CEST 2003

Dňa Pondelok 02 Jún 2003 22:46 Andrea Rizzi napísal:
> I have a question, what exactly is the Catalog plural form handling?

What exactly would you like to know?

> Is it used for KDE-plural form too?

Not for KDE plural forms (maybe it should).

> How the kbabeldict plugin should handle this?

It is not supported by the current SearchEngine interface :-(. I've only added
a number of FIXMEs and warnings all over KBabelDict modules and related code
about this issue.

A straighforward way is to add another parameter for translate() indicating
the index of the plural form queried. For no-plural messages this would be 0.

Unfortunatelly, all the modules need to be adapted then.

Stanislav