[Kbabel] new searchengine

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 11:41:06 CEST 2003

Dňa Pondelok 02 Jún 2003 19:16 Andrea Rizzi napísal:
> Hi all,
> I finally finished my university studies so I have time for KDE and i'm
> going to finish the new search engine  for kbabel.
>
> How can I fit the release schedule for kbabel, or better what is the kbabel
> release schedule?

Hmmm, there is no schedule ATM. I'd like to push out 1.2 after fixing the
reported problems. But there is no timetable.

IMHO we should not include the new search engine in 1.2, but postpone it for
the 1.3 (still in KDE 3.2 timeframe).

> I do not plan to write an import for old database, is it a problem?

Maybe yes - a lot of users have a database several MB big. The diff feature
works very nicely then.

Question: do you plan a possibility to have multiple instances of the search
engine? For example to use one for glossary, another one for all translations
etc?

Stanislav