[Kbabel] KBabel 1.2beta1

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:20:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Here comes a preview of a pretty exciting version of KBabel. KBabel is a
powerfull, easy to use editor for localization files (GNU gettext, Qt
Linguist).

There are substantial improvements in the code base (a support for GNU
gettext plural forms, validation plugins, a support for multiple file
formats, a CVS support etc). Therefore, we go for a beta first.

We would like to hear your opinions, comments etc. You can reach us
at kbabel@mail.kde.org or you can use KDE bugzilla http://bugs.kde.org.

Homepage: http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel
Download: ftp://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel/kbabel-1.2beta1.tar.bz2

Major changes:
- GNU gettext plural forms (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- Msgstr2plural - copy single text into plural forms (Stanislav
  Visnovsky)
- Validation tools are plugins now - integration into Catalog Manager as
  well (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- Non-breaking space is shown differently (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- Import/export plugin framework to load/save files. (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- Ported GNU gettext load/save to the new plugin framework (Stanislav
  Visnovsky)
- Qt Linguist load/save plugin (Marco Wegner)
- It is not possible to edit raw header anymore (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- Character selection tool (Stanislav Visnovsky)
- CVS support in Catalog Manager (Marco Wegner)
- KBabelDict module lookup using standard KDE KTrader (Stanislav
  Visnovsky)
- Autosave feature (Marco Wegner)
- DataTool to check for translations with only whitespace (Dwayne Bailey)
- Bugfixes

Requirements:
- Qt version 3.1
- KDE libs version 3.1 (at least RC)