[Kbabel] dbsearchengine broken

Olivier Hallot olivier@ig.com.br
17 Jan 2003 15:24:27 -0200

Hello from sunny Rio de Janeiro

I am using Kbabel to translate OpenOffice to Brazilian Portuguese
(pt-br) and we are halfway to completion. Until last week I was very
happy with the Translation Dictionary feature within Kbabel. My system
is a Mandrake 8.2 .

However I updated kde following the mandrake advisory newsletter and I
lost the TD. I only have now the po-auxiliary and the po-compendium
available in kbabel and kbabeldict. the db's files are there but
unavailable inside the application.

I will appreciate to have any assistance on how to restore the TD for my
system. Surely MDK overlooked this important feature when packing kdesdk
or any kde-lib package and thus I have no more access to dbsearchengine.
Of course regression to the previous kde release will be my last option.

This is a sample of what I have about kde. I have db2 as well.

[olivier@svrdir olivier]$ rpm -qa | grep kde
kdeadmin-2.2.2-12mdk
kdebindings-2.2.2-5mdk
kdelibs-sound-2.2.2-49.2mdk