[Kbabel] Tags validator]

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:33:50 +0200

Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Dwayne Bailey wrote:
>

>>>Yes, but if msgid still fails, then it's important to report this to
>>>authors. I'm not sure how to indicate this kind of problem, both in KBabel
>>>and Catalog Manager.
>>
>>Maybe all checks should report a msgid error and a msgstr error.  A user
>>could then ask to check only in msgid's.
>

> OK. But how to identify the problem visually?

Red msgid?  Maybe this is a way we could look at flagging errors in the
msgid.  Coupled with a global setting such as "[x] Report errors in msgid".

In the XML example if the option is checked then a msgid is flagged as
an error and highlighted in red.  If the option is not checked the msgid
error is ignored.

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'