[Kbabel] Tags validator

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:03:22 +0200

Check msgid for XML conformance.  If it passes then check the msgstr.
That way we know if the original is valid before we get translators
confused.

We could also check the msgid in a relaxed mode ie <p> with </p> if that
passes then do the same on the msgstr.

If msgid passes no XML test then it is the source of the problem.  Then
a simple tag count might be more appropriate.  This tag count could
eliminate errors such as msgid "<ERROR>" being flagged as invalid.

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'