[Kbabel] CVS settings

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:07:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Marco Wegner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I still have a few little ideas concerning the settings for CVS support and
> would like to hear you opinions whether to do this or not
>
> 1) I'd like to make silent commits more configurable. Stanislav told me that
> silent commits in GNOME use a different format -- (silent) instead of
> CVS_SILENT. Therefore I think I should provide a text field in the settings
> where the correct format can be set (similar to setting the correct
> accelerator).

Seems reasonable IMHO.

> 2) Do we also need to be able to set general CVS options, like -dP -z3 for
> update?

I don't think so. Again, I would use a non-GUI configuration option, since
it is important only for really advanced users. I have them in my .cvsrc.

> 3) Also needed is the possibility to configure "PresetLastUsedMessage" using
> GUI (this option sets whether the last used commit log message is
> automatically filled in the log message editor when opening a CVS dialog in
> commit mode).

Yes.

> 4) What I also need to implement is the displaying of the output from the 'cvs
> status' command as a tool tip in Catalog Manager. Will think about this more
> closely in the next days
>
> That's everything on MY cvs todo list. Did I forget anything? Comments,
> feature requests, and so on are welcome.

IMHO it's time to make the Catalog Manager configuration box nicer. I
propose to make its layout similar to KBabel.

But who will create the icons... :-(

Stanislav