[Fwd: Re: [Translation-i18n] Re: Bug report email address for translation sources ( was [Fwd: Re: [Kbabel] Re: Kbable errors])]

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:37:59 +0200

It seems like we'll be getting our bug report wish real soon now.  This
is from the discussion that my request generated.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Translation-i18n] Re: Bug report email address for
translation sources ( was [Fwd: Re: [Kbabel] Re: Kbable errors])
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:12:59 +0100 (CET)
From: Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org>
To: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net>
CC: Martin v. Löwis <martin@v.loewis.de>, Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de>,
translation-i18n@lists.sourceforge.net, Dwayne Bailey
<dwayne@obsidian.co.za>

Karl Eichwalder writes:

>     Many a lot users depend on LC_MESSAGES=C.

Good point.

Dwayne Bailey <dwayne@obsidian.co.za> writes:

> >   1) report untranslatable strings,
> - Pluralisation problems and others such as assumptions about date, time
>   and money text.
> - Clarification of terms and addition requests for context information
>   (KDE specific)
> - Correcting source string (spelling, xml, formating)

Thanks - I'll add this list to the gettext documentation.

Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@tuxfamily.org> writes:

> What about Report-i18n-bugs-to: ?

Some users could misunderstand it, and send reports about bad
translations there (instead of to the translation team).

What about Report-msgid-bugs-To: ?

Bruno

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'