[Kbabel] Find/Replace in Catalog Manager

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:18:47 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Marco Wegner wrote:

> > Since the cons are serious for users, I'd like to hear your opinions.
> > Otherwise I would like to go for the change and maybe try to optimize the
> > standard load method.
>
> I'm not sure I understand you correctly but IMHO every file type would
> need its own search/replace methods in Catalog Manager (perhaps as
> plugins). For instance searching and replacing does not work for PO
> files in the header or the comments. Similar things would apply when
> replacing in DocBook: it is necessary to leave the tags untouched
> because this could break the integrity of the file.

It is not true if we use the method of Catalog (used by KBabel). ATM the
reading in Catalog Manager is reimplemented just to speed it up.

Generally, if the search text is found in a file, the file is sent to
KBabel to open it and to do find/replace in that file.

Stanislav