[Kbabel] Find/Replace in Catalog Manager

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:32:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I'm currently changing the load/save code of KBabel and trying to
simplify it a bit.

I simply don't know what to do with find/replace in catalog manager. The
problem: it uses a different way to load the file just to speedup the
searching.

So I propose to use standard methods as used by KBabel:

1. Pros
- support for multiple file types
- support for partially broken files
- easier to maintain code

2. Cons
- real slowdown when searching - cca 2 times slower
- the current code stops ASAP when the result can be determined, but after
  the change it would not be possible - another slowdown

Since the cons are serious for users, I'd like to hear your opinions.
Otherwise I would like to go for the change and maybe try to optimize the
standard load method.

Stanislav