[Kbabel] DB search engine

Andrea Rizzi rizzi@kde.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:21:41 +0100

Hi all,
I finally started the db search engine rewrite.
I have more or less prepared the DB access framework, it is more readable than
the previous one.
We will depend on Berkeley DB C++. Actually I'm linking against version 3 but
we may decide to use version 4 (I think v.4 is not yet distributed as a
standard).

I may need few more feature in the SearchEngine API.

I'll commit it to HEAD cvs and put is as "not compiled by default" as soon as
I have something working.
If you need special new features ask now please (e.g. some more info about
translation stored).

I also implement an internal (i.e. built up automatically)  one-word
dictionary but I would like to use also external one-word dictionary (e.g.
user defined or babylon dict) so we may decide to create an API for that kind
of dictionaries. That dictionary will be very important in the "not so fuzzy
automatic translation(tm)" I will implement.

Bye
Andrea