[Kbabel] Translator comments

Dwayne Bailey dwayne@obsidian.co.za
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:44:31 +0200

Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Dwayne Bailey wrote:
>

>>Just a query.
>>
>>In kdelibs.po the two entries that have translator comments about RTL
>>settings both exibit the following problem - they do not end with \n
>>
>>I think we look for these comments with "_:.*\n" )K a little bot more
>>complicated than that.  So some of my validation plugins pick these up
>>as errors because they cannot see the end of the comment.
>>
>>So experts:
>>1) Are teh comments incorrect?, or
>

> IMHO they are incorrect. Which ones?

The following from kdelibs.po

#: kdecore/kapplication.cpp:714
msgid ""
"_: Dear Translator! Translate this string to the string 'LTR' in left-to-"
"right languages (as english) or to 'RTL' in right-to-left languages
(such as "
"Hebrew and Arabic) to get proper widget layout."
msgstr ""

#: kernel/qapplication.cpp:2554
msgid ""
"_: QT_LAYOUT_DIRECTION\n"
"Translate this string to the string 'LTR' in left-to-right languages or

--
Kind regards
Dwayne Bailey

Obsidian Systems
dwayne@obsidian.co.za     +27-21-448 9265 / 7827 (work)
+27-21-448 9574 (fax)     +27-83-443 7114 (cell)

"An English-only, or even an English-mainly, policy necessarily condemns
most people, and thus the country as a whole, to a permanent state of
mediocrity, since people are unable to be spontaneous, creative and
self-confident if they cannot use their first language"
          Dr Neville Alexander - 'Where English can Serve but not Empower.'