[Kbabel] highlighting - first draft

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:29:15 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Marco Wegner wrote:

> > This would be nice to have for the next KBabel version.
>
> Sure. As a side effect it also removes several of the compiler warnings about
> comparison of signed and unsigned int :-)

:-))

> > The question about configuration: I'd like to keep the current interface
> > of MsgMultiLine, at least at the moment. I'm wondering if we need to
> > implement a central configuration singleton or something, just to keep the
> > configuration-related code reasonable (it starts to spread all over the
> > map).
>
> You mean with the colors? I was only talking about reading the colors from the
> config. Right now I'm defining default colors in KBabelHighlighter's
> constructor. This wouldn't be necessary anymore if I read the colors from the
> config file (or MsgMultiLineEdit reads the colors and passes them on...)

I was talking about a larger view. Mostly it is related to the --project
option, since it should change the configuration file used. ATM it
overlaps with the generic KDE --config option. This needs to be resolved
somehow (no patch yet :-(( ).

> > KBabel already stores some of its regular expressions in the kbabelrc
> > config file (for example tag-matching regexps).
> >
> > As to bold text, I'm not really sure about this: did you try it? I would
> > expect some problems with "dots".
>
> No, I haven't. I only know that I like the look of the highlighting as it is
> done in Kate. Therefore I thought I could try something like that... I'll
> give it a try and then we'll see.

So, why not to use the kate highlighting stuff? (Just a quick idea, no
serious thinking about it.)

Stanislav