[Kbabel] KBabel after 1.0 (Roadmap)

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:50:14 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:

> Dne po 4. listopadu 2002 09:16 Stanislav Visnovsky napsal(a):
> > Hi!
> >
> > Soon, KBabel 1.0 is out (as a part of KDE 3.1). It's time
> > to find out what to do next. Here is my plan (including items I'm aware
> > of):
> >
> > KBabel 1.1
> > - TMX dictionary module (me)
> > - Catalog Manager entries caching (Stefan Asserhall)
> > - Bookmarks (Marco Wegner)
>
> [snip]
>
> I plan to add support for multiple identities, much like in KMail. What's your
> opinion about it?
>
> I'd find it very useful since many of us work on different translation
> projects simultaneously.

What should an identity contain? Translator name and an email address?

IMO, you should use --project command line option for multiple projects.
In principle it loads a different configuration file, which can contain
different names/addresses as well. The option is available in 1.0 already.
The project is propagated through catalog manager and multiple views.

We need just a reasonable GUI to configure projects.

Stanislav