[Kbabel] KBabel after 1.0 (Roadmap)

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:16:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Soon, KBabel 1.0 is out (as a part of KDE 3.1). It's time
to find out what to do next. Here is my plan (including items I'm aware
of):

KBabel 1.1
- TMX dictionary module (me)
- Catalog Manager entries caching (Stefan Asserhall)
- Bookmarks (Marco Wegner)

KBabel 1.2 beta 1
- full GNU gettext support of plural forms (me)

Version 1.1 should get out soon after KBabel 1.0. The code listed above is
ready (hopefully) and only waits to be released after the feature freeze
of KDE.

I want to do betas for 1.2, because the GNU gettext support is a large
change, which can even corrupt files containing plural forms. The first
beta can be done quite soon as well.

Of course, the feature list can (and probably will) be extended.

Please comment.

Stanislav