[Kbabel] Re: Qt Linguist files

Stanislav Visnovsky visnovsky@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:37:07 +0100 (CET)

Hi Marco!

ATM it is easier to write a script, but I plan do add import/export
filters for KBabel (no idea when :-(( ).

I'm a bit undecided how to implement this. I don't like idea of
import-only/export-only filters. IMHO KBabel needs a framework,
where import/export filters can store additional information about
the original format. This way, we could directly open/save DocBook files
OpenOffice files etc.

But I don't know how to achieve this. I was wondering about assigning
import filter to a catalog (IMHO we can reuse Catalog class for editing)
and the filter should be able to export the file as well, while
maintaining the data originaly read while doing import.

We probably don't need to import file in one format and export it
in a different format.

Technically, this should be definitely done using dynamically loaded
plugins.

Stanislav