[Kalzium] Re: R: Titration calculator for 4.6

Rebetez Etienne etienne.rebetez at oberwallis.ch
Mon Dec 6 21:29:35 CET 2010

Am Montag, 6. Dezember 2010 08:45:25 schrieben Sie:
> >- I didn't find the time i was hoping for, to help polish the application
> >- And since you didn't commit anything, i suggest you didn't find the
> >time  either;)
> >- The graph (zooming, fit in view, ...) is still very rough.
>
> Yes, I know this is true but I don't know how to make it better.
No problem, i might give it a try.

> >- Nicer formatting the output of the Theoretical curve (latex?).
>
> Yeh, but how can we show a latex output in the program window?

Parley has done that. Maybe we can use some code from there.

> >- I'am not sure the appproximated curve (tanh) makes much sens for
> >finding the
> >equivalence point, since the experimental values are not always
> >symetrical.  Finding the Equivalent point by searching for the greatest
> >slope would imho make more sens. (There can also be more than one
> >equivalence point. ie phosphat)
>
> Well, obiously you must plot every different gap at a time: only in this
> way  you can find every
> equivalence point correctly.
Yes, you are right. That way, it's a lot simpler.
> Anyway, I'm working on a program that allows you to best fit some points
> with a function that you choose (for example, you can write y=a/exp(x)+b
> and the program will
> calculate a and b to best fit the points you have written) but it's far to
> be  usable.
Cool.

So, i gona move it to playground. It will also be an oportunity to test out
the new git infrastructure:)