[Kalzium] Porting kalzium to external Avogadro

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 17 23:32:45 CEST 2010

Alle sabato 17 aprile 2010, Marcus D. Hanwell ha scritto:
> Avogadro searches for its plugins relative to the binary, which means
>  that the whole thing can be relocated. In the case of Kalzium this
>  breaks down though, as it may not be installed in the same relative
>  position as the binary. If both kalziuma and avogadro were in
>  /usr/local/bin, then the plugins would be found correctly for
>  example.

I see.
Attached there is a try in solving this issue, manually forcing the
avogadro plugin directory by setting the AVOGADRO_PLUGINS evvar if not
set. Not pretty, but I didn't find a way to make the PluginManager read
also a new directory with plugins (loadFactories() looks doing
nothing?).
Would this approach (ie making kalzium set the avogadro plugin directory
instead of letting avogadro sort it out) be acceptable?

> The crash may well be due to some of the logic around the Python
>  threading code. I will look into this, as it never seemed robust
>  enough to me. I often build and test with Python disabled, but will
>  be certain to test things out with Python enabled too. The Python
>  threading was added later to facilitate multithreaded Python code (I
>  think - not certain on that as it was a while back).

Nice, thanks!

--
Pino Toscano