[Kalzium] Want to contribute in Kalzium Development

Carsten Niehaus CNiehaus at gmx.de
Thu Feb 26 09:07:42 CET 2009

Moin moin!

> I want to contribute in developing and coding for Kalzium. Can anyone
> help me on how to get started?

That is good news as we really need fresh blood!

Two ideas:

a) You could write one or two Python Plasmoids! I already started them (in C++), but never found the time to finish them.
b) The TODO-list is rather long. You could pick any item you are interested in and start working on it.

My suggestion is to set up a KDE development environment. You can find instructions how to do this here: http://techbase.kde.org/ . Once you are able to compile trunk (that is what will be KDE 4.3 in six month) you could try to fix one tiny bit and submit a patch to this list.

Then you start working on more complex bits of the software to get used to it. There are so many improvements needed that it should be easy to find small things to improve or to fix.

Other than that: Welcome to the Kalzium Team!

Carsten
--
Computer Bild Tarifsieger! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 ¿/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a