[Kalzium] did you know

Carsten Niehaus CNiehaus at gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 10:02:25 CEST 2008

> did you know that the did you know plasmoid seems to be lacking any real
> content? When I open it it says "Did you know that bromine has symbol Br?"

Currently the Applet is not compiled because of the new Plasma API. AFAIK nobody ported it and I planned to port it for KDE 4.2.

> suppose that was just a placeholder but we're now 3 weeks away from
> release.
> What's the plan?

This is indeed a placeholder.

> By the way, the SVG background is very nice. Indeed I'm sure it can be
> useful
> for a lot more stuff in edu.

Not only there, Jarles SVGs should be part of plasma itself perhaps, please see his other blog.

http://jarlesdraw-log.blogspot.com/2008/06/svg-for-plasmoidswidgets-part-2.html

Carsten