[Kalzium] Icons I'm currently working on.

Jarle Akselsen jarlrich at online.no
Mon Jan 7 11:09:24 CET 2008

Hi

Just wanted to update the list on elements-icons I'm working on, to
prevent too much duplicate effort with other contributors:

P - guitar strings
Mn - digger-machine
Pd - exhaust on a car
Ar -
Ti - glasses
Cs - gamma detector? (I don't know a English word for this thingy)
Mg - flashcube
Br - fire protection (same as there is there now, but drawn differently)
Zr - vacuum-tube
*K - fertilizer
* bananas is better, I'll stop working on this.

To new/other artwork-contributors:
My personal opinion/experience about SVG's on Qt;

-Blur and other SVG effects don't work currently I believe. Use
gradients instead (it may be a lot more work to make it look OK). If
blur will be supported later? it is possible that rendering drawings
with blur and other effect may cost more time (by then it may not matter
anymore). It's easier to add blur later to drawings that don't
absolutely need it than it is to drop blur in drawings that depend on
it.
-It's best to avoid text in the illustrations as well (except the
element text), if text is necessary convert it to path first.
-Delete all stuff (color-palette in the template and so) that is not
going to show in the icon before contribute it (select what you want and
invert selection - then delete).

Best wishes:

Jarle