[Kalzium] Exporting of Chemical Data

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:15:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

I recently implemented the export dialog for chemical data, and I'm
sending you the patch with this email. I'm not done with it yet, but
it's already pretty functional.

There are two questions that arose when I was working on it:
1) How do we handle translation of chemical data? Take, for instance,
the units or names like "Hydrogen". Or is that already done by
BlueObelisk?
2) How should the exporter format the xml file? I took a look at the
original elements.xml, and I figured that it isn't really easy to
understand (or at least to read). What the dialog does right now, is
something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<elements>
  <element name="Lithium">
    <property name="Atomic Number">3</property>
    <property name="Symbol">Li</property>
    <property name="Mass">6.941 u</property>
  </element>
</elements>

Joh