[Kalzium] Help Dialogs, Equation Solver

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:19:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

I got a couple of issues to discuss: First of all, I think that the
chemical file converter and the table info widget are really
self-explaining, so I would not include help dialogs with them. (They
both show a dummy "Help" button atm)

Secondly, I noticed that the chemical equation solver doesn't differ
between variables at all. "aH + aO -> aH2O" will resolve to the same as
"aH + bO -> cH2O". On the other hand, it is not able to parse equations
with missing coefficients. That is, I'll get a parse error if I try to
solve "aH + bO -> H2O". I would suggest that we could either assume that
"H2O" is the same as "1H2O", or that "H2O" is a variable quantity as
"aH2O".
I prefer the first solution because "H + 2O -> aH2O" doesn't look
erroneous to me. So what do you think?

Joh