[Kalzium] a few things

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Sun Oct 21 21:09:33 CEST 2007

Hi Carsten,

just some quick notes:

1) I noticed a bug: the first time I open a molecule in the molecule viewer,
it does nothing. The second attempt succeeds. If I subsequently quit Kalzium
and run it again, loading a molecule works from the first attempt. So the bug
only happens once between two reboots of the computer. I don't have any clue
about this problem, it just seems mysterious to me.

2) The "Thanks to" tab in the About Kalzium dialog is out of date. We should
thank (IIRC) Jarle, Noémie and Danny for the icons (maybe I'm forgetting
people there), and of course Johannes for his recent work, and Marcus for his
work in libavogadro and in the porting, and I'm possibly forgetting more
people.

3) The isotope table's default point of view shows a blank window. It should
defaut to a point of view from where something interesting can be seen. Also
it should allow zooming out more, so as to see the overall shape of the
isotopes "map".

4) The icon-view should be more discoverable. For that, the "scheme" button in
the toolbar should have a visual cue indicating clearly that it's a drop-down
(think downwards arrow) and the entries inside should have nice icons, or at
least nicer names (iconic sounds scary, why not just 'Icons' instead). Or
perhaps one could simply decide that the Icons view deserves its own toolbar
button with big icon.

5) Conversely, the "R/S Phrases" and "Tables" IMHO don't deserve their big
toolbar buttons. At least not if the Icons view doesn't have one.

Cheers,

Benoît