[Kalzium] kalzium icon proposal

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Wed May 30 07:57:20 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 23:39:40 noemie scherer wrote:
> It wasn't in the palette, I didn't dare. The new version is here:
> http://bluestorm.info/noemie/carbone8.svg

I prefer it this way :) I didn't know about the palette.Carsten: hope this is
OK; any specific reason why black was not in the palette? And Ar uses a black
background already.

> And I tried something for cupper: http://bluestorm.info/noemie/cuivre2.svg

I like it but at the very small size used by Kalzium in the table view (40x40
pixels) the contrast of the inscriptions on the coin is not sharp enough. I
suggest that you use more contrast (e.g. make the inscriptions darker). Also,
the surface of the coin does not feel "metallic". I think that a metallic
feel is achieved by using gradients to simulate the reflection of light by
metal, instead of using only one uniform color.

> and this one: http://bluestorm.info/noemie/iode.svg for iodine.

Sorry but to me this looks like a cactus! I really don't know how to get it
right.

Benoit